Saturday, November 23, 2013

Its raining, Its snowing

We are on day three of overcast skies and rain, and today we had snow also. Our oven is outside because of safety issues and so tonight we were able to see if we like brownies enough to walk back and forth through the rain and snow. I guess we do.
Also we have to ration our power because the skies have been so overcast. Learning to be conservative with our resources is a lesson we all should learn, so I really don't mind my kids learning to be mindful of their resources.
The other thing we have faced over the last three days is everyone in the house together almost all day today. Our house is too small for us to be stuck inside all day everyday. However, we aren't usually all inside everyday all day. For the first time I am thinking that church at 1pm next year will be a good thing because it will break up our Sunday right in the middle with an outing to church.
We still have a long way to go to be ready for winter, and the days are hard with no sun and lots of rain and snow, but I am grateful that our house is almost finished. I am also grateful that we do have power, even if we have to ration our power.
Also, I love my family, even if I am stuck in the house with them. `I have discovered that I will not do well in this house unless I am able to keep it clean because otherwise the house is just too small.

No comments:

Post a Comment