Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Thrift Store Shopping

Some people have turned bargain shopping into an art form. For me, it is just rewarding.
For years I would go to the local thrift store look at the prices and think I can buy this new at Walmart for the same price or cheaper. Then I moved. Here there are several thrift stores, and a lot of people who just don't like to throw things away. As a result they take clothes to the local thrift store by the bag. One of our thrift stores has so many donations that they put the majority of the clothes in large wood boxes in front of the store and offer all you want that will fit into a 13 gallon size garbage bag for $1. This week I was able to purchase over 10 white and colored button up dress shirts for my boys in sizes that will fit my 10, 6, and 3 year old sons from the bin. I am so grateful for the ability to shop at thrift stores here where I live. I have also learned that kids love getting new things and they don't seem to care if it was something that was previously owned by someone else, its still a treasure to them. What is really cool about this is that I can focus our income and accomplish our goals of getting out of debt because I can buy clothes for the kids without spending our get out of debt snowball income on the clothes the kids need. Yes I still have to spend quite a bit at the store getting items I can't find, however its a lot less. I encourage everyone to find a few ways that you can save money in your local area, but when you do make sure you beef up your money going towards your debts. For example if you love to buy books and you get a book from the library, take the money from the bank you would have spend and put it on a debt. Don't just save the money buy not spending it, go ahead and spend it, just spend it on your debt and get out of debt faster. You can do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment