Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Being a slave

I admit with some sadness that there are too many days that I have felt sorry for myself and my circumstances. That is not to say that every day has been like that, on the contrary I have felt very blessed on most days. No, it is just that as I look back I feel ashamed that there are too many days that I felt sorry for myself and/or our circumstance despite our abundance in blessings. I am sure this is probably partly due to the irresponsible decision that I have made over the years. When you get yourself into debt and you look at your life and you don't even know where you spent your money it is pretty sad. Then you spend months getting yourself out of the debt you got yourself into. Also, the saying the borrower is slave to the lender; well I guess being a slave can be pretty depressing. Recently we have managed to pull ourselves out of debt except for our mortgage and our student loans. Honestly, it feels great to finally be slave to less people.

No comments:

Post a Comment