Saturday, February 20, 2010

Why a home workout now works for me.

I have had to change my workout over the years as my family has grown and as the details in my life have changed. At one time I was able to go to the church and walk with friends in the monring, at another time I was able to walk in my neighborhood in the evenings with friends. For a while I was able to go to the gym (Curves) after the kids got home from school and get in a 30 minute workout. However now I have to get 5 kids off to school in the morning, and then I still have 3 at home (one too many to fit in a stroller) and when my kids get home from school they are super busy going to after school activites that often last until bedtime. Getting in a workout was beyond difficult. After talking with my husband we decided that it was important for my health to get in regular exercise. Being borderline insulin resistant it just wasn't an option to neglect my diet or my weight. We were able to find a used floor model tredmill for under $300 and I am now able to exercise at home around my kids schedules, naps and appointments.
As things change in our lives, we adjust, I am just very thanful that we have been able to find a solution that works for us this season that we can afford.

No comments:

Post a Comment