Saturday, July 12, 2014

Green Onions

I recently went to a presentation where the speaker told us that she regrew her green onions after using them. The next time I was in the store I saw green onions on sale and I grabbed some. Actually we love green onions and use them all the time, but I don't regrow them. So last time I cut off just the green part and put the whit part in jars and regrew them. I don't actually know how many times I can regrow them, but I will probably do it again just to find out. One online person suggested that just water will cause them to lose their flavor eventually. I might try that out to see if I feel the same way. They suggested hydroponics. I love hydroponics but I don't currently have a system or a place to put one. I might have to try to put together a small system sometime just to grow more things for my family to eat year round. The biggest obstacle is space and money! Ha, isn't that always the case. Well I really like the idea that I can keep growing food that we eat without starting from scratch every time.

No comments:

Post a Comment