Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Choices

The other day my father commented that the homesteading life my family has chosen is a hard life. I have been thinking about his comment since he made it. It is just a little before 9 am. I have been working for 3 hours on my outside chores and now it is time to start my inside chores. I am taking a short break before starting the inside jobs, and I am thinking about what my father said. My life is a lot more demanding for sure. I have goats to milk twice a day. I dry all my clothes on the clothesline instead of just throwing them in the dryer. Living in a tiny house means going to the storage shed several times a day for items that don't fit inside the house. However, the life we are living right now is also rewarding. We do a lot of things that benefit our family. My children play outside for hours on end and have imaginations that make me envious.
Although it is more difficult, we love it. I am grateful for the opportunity to be here living on this homestead with my beautiful family.

No comments:

Post a Comment