Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Little House on the Prairie

Today we were watching Little House on the Prairie again and Mr. Ingalls was discouraged that a tornado wiped out his crops. It seems that every time things start to work out for their family something bad happens and takes away their ability to get ahead. I really understood that. After almost 20 years of marriage sometimes I feel like we just don't ever seem to make progress. I have a lot of friends who seem to make great choices and have good jobs and savings. We have no job and a pile of debt from student loans and we really don't even have a real house. However we love our little house that we are building and even though like Charles Ingalls (my favorite character) I can get discourage that trials keep coming, I am also so grateful for the blessings that seem to come faster than the trials. I guess I have to admit that I am thankful for the trials that help me see the blessings. I do hope, however, that my husband can find a job soon that he loves here so that we can continue to get out of debt and build our home.

No comments:

Post a Comment