Thursday, March 13, 2014

Taking Care of Our Planet

Today our science lesson was on our environment. As my son and I talked about what we can do for our environment it was so exciting for me to talk with him about what our family does for our earth. For years I have hated putting so much into our landfills. Now we recycle, compost, shop when ever possible at thrift stores to reuse good clothes, we use solar energy and we use the run off of our washer to water plants. We throw as little as possible in an actual trash for a landfill. We try to reuse wood, screws, metal and just about anything that we can when we build things on our property. One of the reasons that we moved here was so that we could be better to our planet and I had forgotten how important that was to me and how much I had done to get us there until today's science lesson. The reminder was nice!


No comments:

Post a Comment