Sunday, June 22, 2014

Everything is connected

Last Sunday I spent the morning doing dishes and a few other chores around the house. Then I took some time to talk to my kids. I told them about an experience I had years ago that involved some very wise counsel. My husband and I were looking at how we could become more financially savvy. Well the person that we were talking to recommended a book (that I consequently read and have loved ever since). The book is The Four Laws of Debt Free Prosperity. It has since been renamed The Four Laws of Financial Prosperity, but I actually love the original name better. However that is not the point. He also counseled us to keep our home clean and organized as well as our office space (mostly talking about my husbands work spaces) for at least one month. . Well we read and loved the book but struggled to keep our spaces clean and organized for any length of time, let alone the suggested month. So fast forward many years and now I am cleaning my home on Sunday morning. I sat my kids down and told them about the challenge we had been issued years earlier. I also told them that we had never managed to accomplish the second half of the challenge and that we were not doing very well to be cleaning our home on Sunday morning when we should be doing all we can to show reverence and respect to the Lord's Day and not be doing chores and the like. We determined as a family to do better and to try to take the next month to accomplish the second half of the challenge to keep our home clean. I truly believe that everything is connected and that was the point of the challenge. If we cannot keep our lives in order and balance in one area it spills over into the other areas. We are only one week into our challenge and the first few days were spent cleaning up the house but this Saturday before bed we cleaned the house in preparation for Sunday and we will only have to pick up after ourselves tomorrow. This week we won't be cleaning up Saturday's messes on Sunday.

While we are working on getting out of debt as a family I truly believe that we also have to work on other areas of our lives if we really wish to be successful.
Everything is Connected



No comments:

Post a Comment